[Pw_forum] phonon lifetime

Jonathan Breeze jonathan.breeze at imperial.ac.uk
Fri May 14 13:57:37 CEST 2010

Dear S D Wang,

Actually, as far as I am aware the d3.x code (part of espresso)
calculates D3(q,-q,0), the 3rd-order anharmonic dynamical tensor that
couples a zone centre (q=0) phonon to a pair of phonons with equal and
opposite momentum (+/- q).

Calculating the phonon lifetime requires an integration over the
Brillouin zone.

See the Debernardi paper for details:
http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v75/i9/p1819_1

Also see: