[Pw_forum] Low speed

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Wed May 12 21:23:34 CEST 2010

mohsen modaresi wrote:
> Dear Developers and users,
> I run a SCF calculation with 71 atoms on a camputer with 8 cpu and 8GB
> RAM, i expect it run in some minutes, But it take 3 hours to run. Is
> it regular?
I thinks we don't have any reference table for time calculation of QE.
With this kind of question I think, basing on my experience, with your
model and your computer system it is regular.

However, a scf calculation estimated right or wrong should be depended
on if it converges or not, it does not depend mainly on calculating time

Hope this help.

Linh

 Nguyen Ngoc Linh, PhD Student
 c/o:   SISSA & CNR-INFM Democritos,