[Pw_forum] Error with Xcryden for view input and output of pwscf file

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Wed May 5 10:31:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 11:15 -0400, josepht at chips.ncsu.edu wrote:
> Instead, the error occurs
> when any parent directory containing the input file has been given a name with
> spaces.
>
> e.g. load attempt of output file located in:
>
> /HOME/JT/QE/QUANTUM\ ESPRESSO\ TESTING/postproc/uroporphyrinogen3/scf1p2r3.out
>  vs
> /HOME/JT/QE/QUANTUM__ESPRESSO__TESTING/postproc/uroporphyrinogen3/scf1p2r3.out
>
> where the first case leads to load failure, and the second is successful.  This
> occurs with the xc-1.5.17-linux_x86-semishared.tar.gz package; untested for others.

I believe having a whitespace in directory name is not a very smart idea
under Unix. It may break many scripts.

Nevertheless I adapted xcrysden script, and now it seems to be able to
deal with it (at least it works on my computer). You may try it
yourself. The script is attached to this email, you need to copy it to
your $XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR.

Regards, Tone
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html