[Pw_forum] DOS at Ef

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Wed Mar 24 12:21:45 CET 2010

>> (neither for scf -  nor for nscf - calculations) or in the out files
>> of PP codes (dos.x and projwfc.x.).
>> How can I find this value?
> Using dos.x, you can obtain the Ef value by using its definition basing
> on number occupied electrons, but, in my opinion, this way is not such
> accurate.

Can someone comment on that?
I would say that, based on the fact that dos.x is run
after an nscf calculation where a very dense grid in k space is used, this should be
more accurate than other approaches.

giovanni

--

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche

ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-1951-2009
Web page: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
                     http://www.nanomat.unina.it