[Pw_forum] DOS at Ef

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Wed Mar 24 12:16:43 CET 2010

Olga Sedelnikova wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> I need to calculate the value of DOS at Ef. But I could not find it in
> the out files of pw.x
Are you sure? In pw.x calculated output file (both scf and relax), you
can see the Fermi energy value by typing grep -e "Fermi energy"
output_file_name.out
> (neither for scf -  nor for nscf - calculations) or in the out files
> of PP codes (dos.x and projwfc.x.).
> How can I find this value?
Using dos.x, you can obtain the Ef value by using its definition basing
on number occupied electrons, but, in my opinion, this way is not such
accurate.

Good luck,

Linh

> Best regards,