[Pw_forum] AMD Open64 Compiler Suite

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at live.com
Tue Mar 16 13:29:20 CET 2010

> anyone tried to compile PWSCF using the AMD Open64 Compiler Suite (the
> last versione -afaik- is v4.2.3), possibly with the AMD Core Math
> Library (ACML)?
> I know that ACML should work, but how about Open64?
> After reading that Intel Compilers deliberately does not take in account
> of all math speedup present in non-intel CPUs, I'm considering which
> optimized compiler I should use on my old non-Intel based linux...
>
> Thanks,
> 	Carlo

Dear Carlo

I have compiled QE using GNU compilers (gfortran, gcc, and g++) on my AMD(3 Cores CPU) . the operating system is SUSE 11.2 (64 bit). Both ACML and MathKernel libraries have been installed on my system before. with these configurations QE works but I am not sure about the efficiency of the work. I had tried intel compilers (ifort, icc, and icpc) before ! but I think that you will have less error in compiling when use the gnu compilers here.

Best Wishes
Masoud Nahali
Sharif University of Technology