[Pw_forum] error while configuring W90 on pwscf

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Fri Mar 12 14:15:31 CET 2010

Elie Moujaes wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am trying to configure w90 on PWSCF and when I execute the command
>
> make w90, I get the following error:
>
> Entering dirrectory ;espresso-4.1.2/W90/src
> ifort -02-c constants .F90
> make[2]: ifort: command not found
> make[2]: *** [cosntants.o] error 127
> make[2]: leaving directory espresso-4.1.2/W90/src
> make[1]: *** [wannier] error 2
> make[1]: leaving directory espresso-4.1.2/W90
> make[1]: *** [w90] error 2
Error comes from that the ifort compiler is not found, it's not an error
of QE but your computer system.
Solutions:
- You re-check the ifort compiler if it is available on your computer or
not? Then "make w90" again.
- Maybe, you can use other compilers such as gfortran or g95 if you
don't have ifort compiler. Then "make w90".
- If you want run parallel, you need mpif90 compiler.

Good luck,

Linh

> Also I realised I do not have the wannier90.x file in bin in the
> espresso-4.1.2 package...Can anyone tell me what can be done now?
>

> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
> Elie Moujaes
> University of Nottingham