[Pw_forum] pw.x diagonalization (DSYGV*) failed

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Fri Mar 12 10:50:43 CET 2010

Dear Lorenzo,
thank you for the suggestions.
Finally I decided to use your PP (I'm using C, H, N, O and S).
The generation of paw PP now apparently goes smoothly.
However, a simple scf calculation on my system (52 atoms in the cell)
cannot reach self-consistency: the energy continue to oscillate even
after 200 scf cycles... (I tried with a couple of ecutoff, i.e. 40).

Sorry to ask again... do you have any hints?
Should I roll back to non-paw PP (I was using rrkjus)?
Should I update to the latest CVS?

Thanks,
	Carlo