[Pw_forum] QE & Xcrysden

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed Mar 10 18:15:17 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:07:47 +0100, naphtaly moro
<moronaphtaly84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on the various phases of GaAs. at normal conditions, GaAs
> assumes a Zincblende structures fcc ibrav=2, as pressure increases it
> assumes Rocksalt structure and then assumes a CsCl structure which is
> bcc ibrav=3 that is why my input as i posted it. Can you advice me
> further?

Dear Naphtaly,
according to what I see here:
<http://cst-www.nrl.navy.mil/lattice/struk/b2.html> the CsCl structure is
not BCC but simple-cubic. More specifically, the positions of Cs and Cl
ions form together a BCC lattice; nevertheless, as Cl is not equal to Cs,
you have to use a SC unit cell to describe the system.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto

*** Note: my affiliation has changed! please send future
correspondence to: <Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr> ***

post-doc @ IMPMC/UPMC - Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 44 27 74 89
www:   http://www-int.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/