[Pw_forum] calculating the cell parameters in crystals

mohnish pandey mohnish.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:14:22 CET 2010

Dear Elie,
               I you have to give the celldm's initially. You can get the
experimental value from literatures and use that as initial value. Then you
can do "vc-relax" calculation to get equilibrium values of cell parameters
computationally. Of course it will be different from experimental value. GGA
calculation overestimates the value while LDA calculation underestimates the
lattice parameter.
Regards,
MOHNISH

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Elie Moujaes <elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk>wrote:

>  Is there a way (maybe a free software or program) to get celldim (i)
> (i=1,...6) before giving it as an input in the calculations?
>

> Regards
>
> Elie Moujaes
> University of Nottingham
> NG7 2RD