[Pw_forum] calculating the cell parameters in crystals

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Tue Mar 9 22:11:34 CET 2010

> Is there a way (maybe a free software or program) to get celldim (i)
> (i=1,...6) before giving it as an input in the calculations?
> Regards
> Elie Moujaes
> University of Nottingham
> NG7 2RD
> UK

I don't know. But if you know your Bravais lattice parameters (a,b,c and
the three angles) it should be not that difficult to get the celldm's
using the definitions you find in Doc/INPUT_PW.txt
However, also consider that, unless you are using very old versions of QE,
you DO NOT need to use the celldm(1:6) array. It is a possibility, but
another one is to specify directly, a, b, c, cosAB, cosAC and cosBC (have
a look at the same file).

Giovanni

--
Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche

ResearcherID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-1951-2009
Web page: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
                    http://www.nanomat.unina.it