[Pw_forum] How to get the electrical potential of each atom

Ngoc Linh Nguyen nnlinh at sissa.it
Mon Mar 8 11:31:56 CET 2010

wujianchun wrote:
> Dear Linh,
> Thank you very much.
>
> VBM means " valence band maximum". defect study needs to align the VBM
> between the perfect supercell and defect supercell.
Interesting, thank for explain. Maybe when you draw the local ionic
potential belong to Oz, you can see a change of the potential curve at
the defect plane.
> if I put "plot_num =2", How to put the value of /iflag to get the
> /local ionic potential/ /of each atom/? /
> /There is no iflag value to specify the position of 0-dimension./
> //
You put iflag=3, output_format=3
Then you need run average.x to average from 3D to 1D presentations. The
input file for average.x run can be referred in PP/average.f90 file.
Anyway, you can refer similarly the input files and the calculation of
Work-function example, but plot_num =2

Good luck,
Linh

 email: nnlinh at sissa.it