[Pw_forum] GWW for metal

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Mon Jun 21 18:47:57 CEST 2010

I am a bit confused about the names of the oces. in any case. the number of empty states is always important in GW calculations. recent implementations of GW in QE (I do not know how they are called, GWW, or maybe GWL) use implicit methods that sum over all of the empty states. when emty states are explicitly summed, the number of them is never a god measure of the quality of the calculation. the energy cutoff below which empty states are included in the sum should be used instead, IMHO. SB

On Jun 21, 2010, at 9:47 AM, ali kazempour wrote:

> Dear Stefano
> Thanks for reply. I have another question:
> In GW calculation the number of empty states is important, But as I found in GWW It is independent of empty states Unlike SAX( that the nbnd is 4*valence band)? Am I right?
> Thanks
>
> Ali Kazempour
>

> Fritz-Haber-Institut fax : ++49-30-8413 4701
> der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft
> Faradayweg 4-6 e-mail: kazempou at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
> D-14 195 Berlin-Dahlem / German

---