[Pw_forum] Problem in reading PP's taken from QE site?

sonu kumar 1009ukumar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 06:37:04 CEST 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply !

>>What do you get with command
>>ls -l /home/hcg/Desktop/DESKTOP_sonu/CODES/pwscf/sonu-exercise_QE/
>>AlAs/As.pz-bhs_s1.UPF ?

 I Got:
        > ls -l As.pz-bhs_s1.UPF\
           -rw-r--r-- 1 hcg users 78987 2010-06-14 19:29 As.pz-bhs_s1.UPF

>>because they are not there, or they are not readable (in the unix sense)

They are there, but not readable. Perhaps, the  problem is with the fortran
compiler (ifort 11.0). i checked
 above said UPF file on other system 's compiler (ifort 9.0) and it reads
perfectly with  no error.

Could you (or any QE user) please tell me, what could be the problem with
compiler or libraries associated with it ?

Does other softwares, which use ifort, can change or corrupt  the ifort?

I am not aware of functioning of ifort, but what should i do now? I am not
able to use the PP's ?

With Kind Regards,

Sonu Kumar
Phd Student