[Pw_forum] Computing Second order response

loc duong ding mambom1902 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 14:56:10 CEST 2010

I don't understand why Raman activity in this case is zero. In practical, metallic system also provide Raman peak (ex. Carbon nannotube).  I try to calculate graphene (no gap) and I get the proper result. Can you give some more explanation or suggest me some reference about this topic?

 I appreciate to your instructions.

>So, the the Raman activity should be
> zero ...
>SB

On Jun 15, 2010, at 3:50 AM, loc duong ding
> wrote:

> I calculate zigag nano ribbon with hydrogen terminated at the
> edge. I checked DOS that showed no gap.
>
>> yes - SB
>

> On Jun 14, 2010, at
>>> 11:03 AM, loc duong ding
> wrote:
>
>>> what's the gap of the
>> unperturbed
>
>>> system?
>>> SB
>>
>> Actually,
> this
>> is the firs time I calculate the Raman spectrum. I don't clear
> about the gap of
>> the unperturbed system? It means the electronic
> band gap?

Loc Duong Dinh
Ms-Ph.D Student
Sungkyunkwan Advanced Institute of Nanotechnology,
Sungkyunkwan University,
Suwon, 440-746, Korea
Email: mambom1902 at yahoo.com, ddloc at skku.edu