[Pw_forum] error in gamma

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Jun 10 17:50:41 CEST 2010

ali kazempour wrote:

> I didn't say that when I use 1 node each have 32 cores ,
> I don't have any problem with run of pw1.in and pw2.in with
> nbnd=1024. But once I increase  the number of proccessors to
> 32 node each have 32 core this error happen.

...and what should one deduce from such obscure statements?
The important pieces of information here are:
- total number of MPI processes
- number of processors in the "linear-algebra" group, as
   specified by the -ndiag or -northo keyword. This is a square
   integer, and should be set to whatever gives the fastest
   diagonalization time, not to the maximum number

P.