[Pw_forum] How to integrate a particular PDOS column

Haruhiko Dekura dekura at sci.ehime-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 23 08:56:05 CEST 2010

Dear Nand

You can integrate each PDOS files to obtain the total PDOS for selecting orbitals by using sumpdos.x.

Below is the output of help message from sumpdos.x;

./sumpdos.x -h
USAGE: sumpdos [-h] [-f <filein>] [<file1> ... <fileN>]
  Sum the pdos from the file specified in input and write the sum
  to stdout
     -h           : write this manual
     -f <filein>  : takes the list of pdos files from <filein>
                    (one per line) instead of command line
     <fileM>      : the M-th pdos file

And see also user-guide.

Hope this helps.