[Pw_forum] band structure of graphene-size effect of unit cell

xirainbow nkxirainbow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:27:41 CEST 2010

Dear Loc Duong Dinh:
The band structure must be different between 2 and 8 atoms in every unit
cell.
The coordinate of M point of 2 atoms is different from that of 8 atoms, for
the length of primitive vectors are different.
Furtheremore, there are 8 valence electrons in 2 atoms' unit cell. However,
there are 32 velence electrons in 8 atoms' unit cell.
I think you can refer to textbook of solid state physics for more
imformation.