[Pw_forum] Predicting the cpu time usage for bigger system withour doing the simulation

Michael Sullivan Michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Jul 20 16:15:18 CEST 2010

Dimpy:

DFT usually scales as N^3 so I'd guess that it will take 5**3=125 times longer than the small system. You would probably gain somewhere due to fewer k-Points, etc. but that's my rough estimate.

Others may have other comments that I welcome...

Mike
michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg<mailto:michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg>
http://www.sullivan.sg/