[Pw_forum] Initial velocities for MD run? (Norbert Nemec)

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at materials.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 13 11:44:09 CEST 2010

On 07/13/2010 10:32 AM, jiayudai wrote:

>> is there any way to specify initial velocities for a MD run? From what I see,>only thermalization or zero velocites are possible.
>
> If you are using pwscf to do the MD simulations, you can find the initial velocities in "dynamics_modulate.f90" file, where the thermalization is inlcuded. That is to say, the initial velocity has been set according to the Maxwell-Boltzman distribution. If you want to use some other methods, you can change the code.
>
> Jiayu
> ----------------
The CPV code has an option to read atomic velocities from input.
However, it has never been clear to me in which units one should
enter the velocities.

Davide

   Davide Ceresoli <davide.ceresoli at materials.ox.ac.uk>
   University of Oxford - Department of Materials
   Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PH, United Kingdom
   Phone: +44-1865-612793
   Mobile:+44-7767-091256, +39-347-1001570
   Skype: dceresoli