[Pw_forum] Problem in DOS results

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Jul 5 12:39:24 CEST 2010

On 07/05/2010 11:54 AM, Padmaja Patnaik wrote:
> I am calculating for SiC. Below is the datas you have asked for.

You are lucky since I'm also studying SiC right now.

What is this supposed to be? Cubic 3C-SiC I guess? If so, I think that
your atomic structure is wrong. There are some C atoms in the wrong
place. If you look at it (with xcrysden, for instance), you will see
that some tetrahedra around the carbon are upwards down. I mean, the
should be all oriented in one direction.

Please check again your structure.

GS

--

Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA