[Pw_forum] GW

Q.J.Wang wangqj1 at 126.com
Mon Jul 5 02:41:27 CEST 2010

Dear all
     I have a problem about the GW method. In the forum, I found some people said GW allows to address large systems (a few hundreds of atoms).But I don't know where ? We know the course of computing the GW quasi-particle  energies is  the following :
1. pw.x
2. pw4gww.x
3. gww.x
If we want to calculate a large system, we must optimized it first with pw.x which is still time-consuming. So I want to know what makes the GW code can calculate the large system and where it reflects in the course of using GW code ?

--

Best regards

Q.J.Wang

XiangTan University