[Pw_forum] Problem in DOS results

Padmaja Patnaik padmaja_patnaik at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 21:56:23 CEST 2010

Dear all

I am studying the properties of a compound semiconductor using super cell calculations. I have generated super cells by expanding the lattice constant 2times, 3 times and 4 times in all the directions. My calculations gives correct results for 2 times and 4 times extended super cells but not for 3 times extended onel. I have made sure that the generated atomic co-ordinates are correct. I have tried fixing all the required parameters like, k points, ecutwfc and nbnd. But still its not working. after doing the scf calculations I do the DOS with occupations=tetrahedra. But the DOS plot for the second case is found to be much different from expected while for all other cases the results match. What can be the probable mistake i am doing? Please suggest.

Padmaja Patnaik

Research Scholar

Dept of Physics

IIT Bombay