[Pw_forum] Parallel Installation Error

Carlo Nervi carlo.nervi at unito.it
Mon Jan 25 16:34:47 CET 2010

Dear Masoud,
did you do any recent linux update?
Times ago I had similar problems using Linux Gentoo.
Strange problems appear if:
  1) you set up bash and Intel environment variables also for root
  2) try to upgrade using root user.

The solution (in my case) was to rebuild almost all the Gentoo
executables, especially libraries and the gcc compiler, (Gentoo is a
meta distribution: you have to compile every single package) and use the
environment settings of ifort Intel compiler ONLY for the user (i.e.
local .bashrc) and NOT for the root.
So, use gcc for linux and intel ONLY for QE, not for system files.
Also, look at the scripts included with Intel compilers: often the mkl
libraries and ifort scripts contains redundant material (i.e. PATH)
HTH,
	Carlo