[Pw_forum] Parallel Installation Error

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at live.com
Fri Jan 22 10:22:19 CET 2010

Dear Quantum Espresso Users

I had installed Quantum Espresso previously on my AMD (3 core) parallel. but Now I get an error !!
I have installed Intel Compilers (version 11) included fort, icc, icpc, and Math Kernel; and parallelized them by lam successfully.
my operating system is SUSE 11 (64 bit,Enterprise). Also mpif77 and mpicc work well on my 3 core AMD.

but  error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables  !!

linux-4koa:~/Install/QSPRESSO4.1.2/espresso-4.1.2 # ./configure MPIF90=mpif77 F77=mpif77 CC=mpicc --enable-parallel
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking architecture... x86_64
checking for ifort... ifort
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output file name... configure: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

with and without --enable-parallel I saw the same error. anyhow it is amazing that I had installed parallel Quantum Espresso on this AMD and using
CentOS5.4 (64 bit) as the Operating system.

I appreciate so much if you help me. Many thanks

Best Wishes
Masoud Nahali
Physical Chemistry
SUT