[Pw_forum] Errors in parallel 3D FFT

Iain Bethune ibethune at staffmail.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 11:42:18 CET 2010

Thanks for the suggestions - I have looked a bit closer at the code, and it
appears that all the grid elements (x,y,z) where these large errors appear
are those where dffts%iplw(x) == 1 .AND. dffts%iplw(y) == 1

However, there are some grid elements which meet the above criteria that do
not have errors, so maybe I am not understanding something about how the FFT
works?

I can't think of anything else in the fft_dlay_descriptor data structure
that helps narrow down further where these errors occur - any ideas?

Cheers

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Applications Consultant, EPCC

Email: ibethune at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.