[Pw_forum] Parallel Installation Error (error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables)

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at live.com
Wed Jan 13 08:26:04 CET 2010

Dear Quantum Espresso users

I have installed intel compilers such as ifort, icc, icpc (version 11) on my AMD 3 core (64 bit). All installed compilers are 64 bit and the installation was successful. then I installed MKL (version 11) and ACML on my computer. using "lam" I made the parallel compilers such as mpif77, mpicc, mpiCC and .... and the parallel installation of compilers was successful. also my operating system is CentOS 5.4 (64 bit) .

then I tryed many times to compile the Quantum Spresso but I have received an error:

[root at localhost espresso-4.1.2]# ./configure MPIF90=/usr/bin/mpif77 CC=/usr/bin/icc CFLAGS=-O3 F90=/usr/bin/mpif77 F77=/usr/bin/mpif77 LIBDIRS=/lib64
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking architecture... x86_64
checking for /usr/bin/mpif77... no
checking for Fortran 77 compiler default output file name... configure: error: Fortran 77 compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I appreciate so much if you help me.

Best Wishes
Masoud Nahali