[Pw_forum] configure error

udayagiri sai babu udayagiri3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:13:16 CET 2010

Dear Paolo Giannozzi
Now I downloaded 4.1.2 version and in /install/Make.blugeneL i changed these
paths after that i tried make Make.bluegeneL from the same directory but i
did not help me. I know very little about make files and supercomputers can
you tell if i have to make any changes other tahn these in the makefile
Make.bluegeneL and also how to compile after that
Thankyou

CPP          = /opt/ibmcmp/vacpp/bg/8.0/bin/blrts_xlC
CC           = /opt/ibmcmp/vac/bg/8.0/bin/blrts_xlc
MPICC        = /bgl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/bin/mpicc
F90          = /opt/ibmcmp/xlf/bg/10.1/bin/blrts_xlf90
MPIF90       = /bgl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/bin/mpixlf90
F77          = /opt/ibmcmp/xlf/bg/10.1/bin/blrts_xlf
MPIF77       = /bgl/BlueLight/ppcfloor/bglsys/bin/mpif77

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it>wrote:

> On Sunday 03 January 2010 11:17, udayagiri sai babu wrote:
>
> > Dear all I am trying to install Q.E 4.0.1. and got the following error in
> > the configuration.
>
> you shouldn't install old QE versions ...
>
> > IBM Compilers ( Fortran, C, C++) for Blue Gene
>
> ... especially on IBM BlueGene: recent versions have a much better BG
> support. Unfortunately configure doesn't work (and will never work) on
> IBM BG. Edit the sample make.sys files in install/
>
> P.
> --
> Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and Udine University

U.Saibabu
PhD student,
Deformation mechanisms modeling group,
Materials engineering department,