[Pw_forum] Installation of QE on 20-processor MAC XServe cluster

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Fri Feb 26 09:27:54 CET 2010

Dear Mark,

   from my experience I would say that there is not much difference in installing QE on a
multicore Mac with OSX or on a Linux machine if the environment is sane and properly
configured (including shell, compilers, libraries, MPI, ...).
At least I have tried on a dual core Macbook with Leopard and I didn't find much difficulty.
In order to install a parallel version of QE you first must be sure that you have a
working MPI compiler. Once you are sure of this it should not be difficult, if you
encounter problems they are likely to be answered in the FAQ or troubleshooting of the
wiki or on the user guide.

A general advice is that you should avoid ATLAS (nad maybe also LAPACK) libs coming with
the OSX bundle.

If you want further help, please post more info.

Regards,

GS