[Pw_forum] the high symmetry line of bcc phonon dispersion calculated by pw4.1.2

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Wed Feb 24 14:58:41 CET 2010

Wei Zhou wrote:
> in fact, I just get the coordination from the web
> :http://www.cryst.ehu.es/cgi-bin/cryst/programs/nph-kv-list
> k-vector label Wyckoff position  Parameters
> CDML  ITA  ITA
> GM  0,0,0  4  a  m -3 m  0,0,0
> H  1/2,-1/2,1/2  4  b  m -3 m  0,1/2,0
> P  1/4,1/4,1/4  8  c  -4 3m  1/4,1/4,1/4
> N  0,0,1/2  24  d  m.mm <http://m.mm>  1/4,1/4,0
> and I turn them into Cartesian coordinates and units of 2\pi/a, then I

I'm sure that the points you gave in the previous email (those leading to the "wrong"
dispersion) are not correct in cartesian _coordinates_, maybe because the choice of the
crystal axis in PW and in the database do not coincide, so that you cannot simply multiply
the crystal coordinates by the PW basis vectors written in cartesian coordinates.

Anyway, in the last column here above I see that you have already the correct cartesian
points in \pi/a units, so why bother?

GS