[Pw_forum] From davcio: error #10

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Thu Feb 18 21:16:25 CET 2010

On Feb 18, 2010, at 18:11 , Patrick Holvey wrote:

> Good morning

good night

> every instance crashes with the error from davcio: error #10 [...]
> I have all permissions necessary on this environment and the disk
> is not dying

the disk is maybe not dying, but are you sure it works properly? You
are writing
a bunch of data from each processor (even if you set wf_collect=.true.,
wavefunctions are collected only at the end of the scf cycle if I
remember
correctly). Is "outdir" existing and writable from all processors?
Are you
writing to local disks or via the network?

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222