[Pw_forum] Patch to enable signal trapping in PWscf

Riccardo Di Meo dimeo at democritos.it
Mon Feb 8 20:27:00 CET 2010

Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2010, at 17:10 , Riccardo Di Meo wrote:
>

>> With the "new" Fortran 2003 standard, the compiler itself takes
>> care of
>> the name mangling during the linking process, if a proper interface is
>> provided.
>>

> good to know, but I wouldn't be so confident that most compilers out
> there enforce the fortran 2003 standard.
>

> P.

I can confirm that Gfortran >=4.3, G95, Pgi and Intel (with bugs... but
is there something ifort does which isn't crawling with them?) support
the standard, however due to the nature of the patch (which is supposed
to be an "extra", disabled by default), the ones that are still in the
'90 shouldn't be a problem (if the option is disabled, the modules
become pure F90/95 code).

An extra safety measure could be that of wrapping the C module with a
#ifdef conditional to disable the "effective code", to ensure totalal
compatibility: sorry, I forgot to do that on the files I have submitted.

Anyway, I guess that new versions of commercial fortran compilers should
be compatible: if I where a Fortran compiler developer, I think I'd
welcome the opportunity to implement a new standard as a change from my
otherwise very boring professional career... :-)

RDM