[Pw_forum] elastic properties

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Dec 28 00:42:17 CET 2010

Dear kada galami,
  what you need to do is to calculate the stress for the equilibrium
geometry and for a few slightly deformed cell shapes.
  The way you choose to describe each of these cells is up to you.
  Ibrav=0 is an option that gives you the possibility to define
directly the lattice vectors (in unit of celldm(1)).

   If you want to describe a simple cubic cell of lattice spacing 3.14 bohrs
  it's up to you to define

   ibrav=1, celldm(1)=3.14

   or

   ibrav=0, celldm(1)=3.14