[Pw_forum] speed becomes very slow after some electronic or ionic relaxation cycles

mohnish pandey mohnish.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:27:10 CET 2010

Dear QE users,
                         I am trying to simulate supercell of ZnO zincblende
structure with 56 atoms. I have checked the structure with Xcrysden and it
is right. But the problem is after performing some electronic cycle the
speed becomes very slow and the calculations are stuck. When I reduce the
"ecut" value it performs some ionic relaxation step but the same problem
come after some ionic relaxation steps. Can anybody please help whats wrong
with the calculation?

--
Regards,
MOHNISH,