[Pw_forum] Model pseudopotential

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Mon Dec 6 12:28:29 CET 2010

Dear Paolo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

> if the model pseudopotential can be written as a "normal"
> pseudopotential in separable form, you just have to fill
> the pseudopotential file with what you want

my special interest is the pseudopotential given by:
V_{ion}^{ps}(r) =  0.0, for  r <= r_c,
                           =  -z/r,  for  r>r_c.
It is not nonlocal and therefore I think the separablity has nothing to do
in this simple case (?!)
The r_c parameter is material dependent which can be determined somehow.
Best regards,
mahmoud