[Pw_forum] Surface simulation....

Cyrille Barreteau cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Wed Aug 25 07:23:23 CEST 2010

Your question is not very clear to me..
I guess you are trying to build your surface unit cell. If it is the 001
surface this is pretty easy since MgO is cubic. If it is a more complex
surface (like a vicinal) you might have to take a pen and do some
geometric drawing:-) or else write a little program that
generates the atomic coordinates automatically.
Once you have your atomic positions you will probably have to transform
them again to make them fit the various pwscf formats:-)

cyrille

Cyrille Barreteau  | phone : +33 (0)1 69 08 29 51
CEA Saclay         | fax   : +33 (0)1 69 08 84 46
IRAMIS, SPCSI      | email cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Batiment 462       |
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex  FRANCE
http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/