[Pw_forum] Res: vc-relax, GGA

Álvaro Alves asafis at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 24 19:44:09 CEST 2010

Hello, Guda. The  errors in the determination of lattice parameters (a, b, c,
alpha, beta  and gamma) are 1.5%, 0.9%, 1.6%, 0.7%, 0.04% and 2.1%,
respectively. But  the problem is that the value found for the alpha angle is
slightly  lower than the experimental value despite being GGA functional. In
this case, all or not should not be overestimated?

Sincerely,

A. S. Santos

Univesidade Federal Fluminense
Niterói-Rio de Janeiro-Brasil