[Pw_forum] Graphene Structural Relaxation

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Aug 19 13:17:58 CEST 2010

I would not use mp smearing with a zero dos(Ef) metal like graphene...
m-v or even gaussian should give more reliable results.
the reason is that m-p smearing is not positive definite leading to
spurious negative densities if the k-point sampling is not  good enough
... whichi, I guess, will never be  with graphene.

stefano