[Pw_forum] Intel MPI

Goranka Bilalbegovic gbilalbegovic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:09:33 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it>wrote:
Can anybody report any experience linking with Intel version of MPI?
---

Intel MPI is installed on the cluster I am using. Several recent versions of
QE (including 4.2.1) are compiling and running without any
problems.

However, I do have problems in running SaX jobs on the same cluster. The
problems with running SaX jobs started last year when this cluster was
changed and several new libraries and compilers were installed at the same
time. Together with the system manager I was trying to detect the problem
with SaX. The frst idea was that this is because of (then new for us) the
Lustre file system, the second was mvapich.  A new version of mvapich was
installed, but it did not help. There is a possibility that SaX jobs do not
run on this cluster (they stayed in the queue forever) because of the
problems with Intel MPI.

Best regards,
--
Goranka Bilalbegovic,
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science,