[Pw_forum] pseudopotential for compounds

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 10:50:40 CEST 2010

Dear Bayo,

There is NO pseudopotential for a compound, it is for an element! So, you can
use pseudopotentials from QE website for Al and O. Which one is your choice.
Play around with different pseudo to understand basics of DFT.

Bests,
Eyvaz.
Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com