[Pw_forum] GWW+U

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Apr 26 09:01:41 CEST 2010

kazempoor at ph.iut.ac.ir wrote:
> Dear all I want to do GW at GGA+U, But as far as I know the authers said that the phonon
> calculation with U has not been implemented yet? is it implemented right now  or not
> yet?

DFPT+U is not implemented in QE and I'w not aware of any plan to do it. Moreover, I think
that the DFT+U theory has not yet been extended to DFPT.

Anyway, why would you apply GW to DFT+U? People who uses GW corrections usually believe
that these are more precise than +U corrections.

GS

thanks a lot Ali Kazempour Physics Department, Isfahan University of Technology