[Pw_forum] upf2plotcore.sh new version

Jiayu Dai daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn
Sat Apr 17 13:45:02 CEST 2010

Dear Matteo,

Thanks for your new script, but where can we get it? Is it in the cvs version?

By the way, i have a problem for the GIPAW PPs. If we want to use a PPs with all electrons in the valence, for example, for He with 2 elelctrons, or Li with 3 electrons in the valence, the GIPAW PPs are then without core orbitals. In this case, we can not get the wave functions anyway, therefore we can not did the calculation of XSpectra. How can we solve this problem?

For example, for Li, we can get the NCPPs with GIPAW as follows:

 &input
   title   = 'Li'
   prefix  = 'li'
   zed     = 3.0
   rel     = 1
   beta    = 0.5
   rlderiv = 2.5
   eminld  = -4.0
   emaxld  = 4.0
   deld    = 0.01
   nld     = 2
   iswitch = 3
   config  = '1s1.0 2s1.00 2p-2.0'
   dft     = 'PBE'
 /
 &inputp
   pseudotype            = 2
   lloc                  = 1
   tm                    = .true.
   file_pseudopw         = 'Li.pbe.gipaw.UPF'
   file_recon            = 'Li.pbe.gipaw.rec'
   lgipaw_reconstruction = .true.
   upf_v1_format = .true.
 /
5
1S  1  0  1.00  0.00  0.75  0.75
1S  1  0  0.00  0.05  0.75  0.75
2S  1  0  1.00  0.00  0.75  0.75
2S  1  0  0.00  0.05  0.75  0.75
2P  2  1 -2.00  0.15  0.75  0.75
 &test
 /
3
1S  1  0  1.00  0.00  0.75  0.75
2S  1  0  1.00  0.00  0.75  0.75
2P  2  1 -2.00  0.15  0.75  0.75

In the cases of high pressure and high temperature, we have to consider all electrons. It gives me a lot of puzzle.

Thank you very much.

Jiayu