[Pw_forum] ph.x taking a lot of time to run!

Elie Moujaes elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 20:10:16 CEST 2010

Dear PWSCF users,

Hope you all had a happy Easter. I am running the ph.x code for graphene(and Thankfully no errors are encountered). it is just that it IS taking a really long time to produce the dynamical matrices on the q grid I specified which is:

nq1= 2, nq2=2, nq3=2 (a total of 8 points).. It is taking like an our to produce the .dyn files for every q point. I do not think it should require that much time. Is there something I might be missing?

Thank you

Elie Moujaes

University of Nottingham

NG7 2RD