[Pw_forum] HSE

William Parker wparker at mps.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 2 19:12:10 CEST 2010

Anna, Carlo, other interested QE users,

QE does not have HSE (at least, as of version 4.1.2).  Hybrid functionals
such as B3LYP and PBE0 that use exact exchange without screening are
implemented (activated, as Carlo mentioned, by putting -DEXX in the DFLAGS
of the make.sys file before compiling).  Is anyone working on adding
screened exchange?  It's on my list of things to do but not too near the
top.

--William

William Parker              Tel :  +1 (614) 292-2887
Graduate Research Associate Fax :  +1 (614) 292-7557
Ohio State University
Department of Physics
191 West Woodruff Avenue    email: wparker at mps.ohio-state.edu
Columbus, OH  43210-1117    http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~wparker