[Pw_forum] LDA+U in md calculations

Jiayu Dai daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn
Fri Apr 2 18:23:27 CEST 2010

Dear developers,

I have some doubts about the molecular dynamics calculations using LDA+U. First, is LDA+U performed in MD calculations? Because i did not find the Hubbard energy in the output file of MD. Second, i think the value of U be dependent on the temperature and density, also on the ionic structures. Therefore, since ionic positions are different in each time step, is U different at each time step? If so, the performance of LDA+U should be very difficult in MD.

I did not know if what i said is right. Hope experts comment on this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Jiayu