[Pw_forum] convergence test for chromium

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Wed Sep 30 18:00:53 CEST 2009

In data 30 settembre 2009 alle ore 17:48:41, udayagiri sai babu
<udayagiri3 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Dear all
> I did convergence tests for chromium. The ecut value i obtained for
> energy converged to 1mRyd is 60Ryd! which i believe is very high for an
> Ultra Soft PP can somebody tell me if i am doing something wrong. Given
> below are my
> sample input file and ecut vs total energy.

Dear Udayagiri,
what about the cutoff for charge density?
One good procedure to find a nicely converged cutoff is to increase
ecutwfc until it converges than set ecutrho to 4*ecutwfc and reduce
ecutwfc keeping ecutrho fixed.

Maybe you can fix ecutrho to 240 and see how low you can go with ecutwfc

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)