[Pw_forum] bug in mm_dispersion.f90

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Tue Sep 29 16:25:11 CEST 2009

Dear Javier,

Javier Fuhr wrote:
> Hi,
> I think I've found a bug in the calculation of the dispersion
> energy/force/stress when doing a parallel calculation with more than one
> pool. In mm_dispersion.f90, the sum between the processes is only done
> intra_pool but not inter_pool.

   I don't know that (pretty new) part of the code, but at a first glance to that
subroutine I would say that you must be wrong.
The parallelization is done inside each pool over atoms, hence you only need to collect
the partial sums over subsets of atoms from the processes in the pool.
Using more than one pool will not improve the speedup of that part of the code, but
neither change the result of energy_london.

If you have (reproducible) evidence that the same calculation performed with more than one
pool gives a different result, please provide some simple input file.

Thanks,

GS