[Pw_forum] tot_magnetization value

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Sep 26 12:15:23 CEST 2009

Dear kajal jindal,
  you CAN specify total_magnetization  (in your case
total_magnetizatio=1 is probably what you may want) but you DO NOT NEED
to do that and leave the code searching for a magnetic solution. In this
case you need to specify a value for starting_magnetization for at least
one atomic species (say for N in your case).
NB: total_magneticzation is the tota unbalance between spin_up and
spin_dw electrons while starting_magnetization is the initial  guess for
the  atomic magnetization defined as zeta = (rho_up-rho_dw)/(rho_up+rho_dw)

YES: if your system is magnetic you should relax it using nspin=2

Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS