[Pw_forum] problem in phonon in prallel

dev sharma decboy9 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 07:33:21 CEST 2009

hi 2 all,
 i have done scf , phonon  and the running ph.x in parallel for some optical
properties. my programme stops without giving any error in the ph.out file
and without any CRASH. My input file is listed below. Please help.
Thanks in advance.
phonons at gamma
 &inputph
  tr2_ph=1.0e-10,
  prefix='yvo',
   fpol=.true.,
   trans=.false.,
  epsil=.true.,
  elop=.true.,
  amass(1)= 44.995,
  amass(2)= 50.9415,
  amass(3)=15.9994,
  outdir = '/home/devsharma/work/newscvo/temp',
  fildyn='yvo.dyn1',
 /
0.0 0.0 0.0

FREQUENCIES
65
7.889e+14
/
/
4.389e+14

and mssg in terminal is coming

[devsharma at headnode newscvo]$ [headnode.du.ac.in:6309] *** An error occurred
in MPI_Allreduce
[headnode.du.ac.in:6309] *** on communicator MPI COMMUNICATOR 28 SPLIT FROM
4
[headnode.du.ac.in:6309] *** MPI_ERR_TRUNCATE: message truncated
[headnode.du.ac.in:6309] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job will now
abort)
mpirun has exited due to process rank 1 with PID 6309 on
node headnode.du.ac.in exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).

and the output file runs upto

 Representation    52      1 modes - To be done
     PHONON       :  0m41.95s CPU time,     2m31.11s wall time

     Alpha used in Ewald sum =   1.0000

     Frequency Dependent Polarizability Calculation

and after here it stops.

Please help,

sincerly,
Dev Sharma,