[Pw_forum] thin film construction

dev sharma decboy9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:34:26 CEST 2009

hi 2 all,

I am somewhat confused about construction of a film. like whenever we
calculate the band gap of a unit cell of any system and 2*2*2 supercell  of
that system we get the same value whereas when one moves from nano regime to
larger scale the band gap should decrease. It means that the unit cell is
treated as crystal.So, if i construct a film , by taking it as 2*2*1
supercell, it will again consider it as sum of crystals and will yield the
same results ?????  Hope so that my question is clear .. How to make a
structure of  film ??? Thanks in advance.
With regards,
Dev Sharma